Schools to Symphony
The Eureka Symphony offers a unique opportunity for 4th, 5th, and 6th graders in local schools to attend a live concert by the Eureka Symphony during the school day.
View the 5-minute video of the Schools to Symphony program developed by the Humboldt County Office of Education.
Over 1,500 elementary school students from 26 area schools participated in the Schools to Symphony performances during the 2015-2016 season.
What Makes Schools to Symphony Unique
- Participating classrooms receive a curriculum designed for the season's Schools to Symphony concert
- Concerts are held at the Arkley Center for Performing Arts giving students an experience of live music in a concert hall
- Concerts are held during the school day
- Concerts are approximately 45 minutes long
- Concerts are designed for grade levels 4, 5, and 6 in any type of school
2016 - 2017 Season
The Schools to Symphony performances will be held on Thursday, April 6, 2017. These performances are not open to the public, but are reserved exclusively for schools.
Attendance is managed by the Humboldt County Office of Education.
We had a great time. I loved the pre-concert lessons lessons the sense that these students were getting an experience they may never have again...The students were definitely engaged. — Blue Lake School
That was my first time going to a symphony and now I want to go back! Thank you!
My friend and I were saying that the music was so real it sounded almost fake.